About Indian Head Massage
Indian head massage is based on the Ayurvedic system of healing which has been practiced in India for over a thousand years. It is a deeply relaxing treatment that helps release stress that has accumulated in the tissues, muscles and joints of the head, face and neck.
What can I expect?
The client, fully clothed, sits in a low backed chair for the treatment. I use a range of different movements including application of deep kneading and compression movements over the neck, shoulder and scalp areas. In addition, I will also gently stimulate and stroke pressure points on the face. The session will last approximately 30 minutes, however, a brief consultation will be carried out on the initial treatment.
Indian Head Massage is a complementary therapy which works well alongside conventional medicine. It is suitable for people of all ages, genders and circumstances, although certain situations may make it inappropriate or require permission from a medical professional.
Benefits of Indian Head Massage:
Ayurveda teaches that mind, body and spirit are one in truth, so affecting one affects them all. A therapy treatment is deeply relaxing, easing strains from the upper body and removing stagnant energies that have accumulated around the major energy centres.
Indian Head Massage is ideal for everyday stress relief and the alleviation of neck and shoulder tension by inducing a sense of deep relaxation.
- General and specific relaxation for muscles, providing immediate relief
- Fibrous adhesions (knots) can be broken down
- Disperses toxins from tense, knotted muscles
- Relief from acute and chronic neck and should stiffness
- Loosens the scalp
- Relaxes the whole body
- Increases oxygen uptake in the tissues
- Improves blood circulation in previously congested muscles
- Provides additional oxygen to the brain
- Stimulates and improves the circulation of the lymphatic system, allowing for the disposal of toxins from the body
- Restores joint mobility
- Provides relief from disorders such as: Earache, Eye strain, Tinnitus, Aching jaw from clenching or grinding teeth, Sinusitis and congestion, Tension headaches, migraine, Insomnia
- Provides relief from hair disorders associated with stress: Hair loss, Alopecia, Dandruff, Psoriasis, Scalp Tension
- Provides a sense of calmness, peace and tranquillity
- Releases anxiety and stress
- Increases levels of alertness and concentration
- Lifts feelings of depression, despondency and desperation
- Clears the perspective
- Eases mental tiredness
- Balances Chakra Energy
- Releases Stagnant Energy, boosting available energy on all levels
- Provides a general feeling of having been healed
Indian Head Massage detoxifies the body, in order to maximise the benefit of your treatment it is advisable afterwards to:
- Drink plenty of water to rehydrate and aid with the detox and purification process of the body’s lymphatic system.
- Avoid caffeine, nicotine and alcohol for 24 hours.
- Rest for as long as possible after your massage.